Script of Attention

ROLES
Sofía Hernández as “Violet Wilde” (LEADING ROLE)
Santiago Álvarez and Valentina Moreno as “Mr and Mrs Wilde” (VIOLET´S PARENTS)
Ana Grundman, Daniel Lugo and Simón Reyes as “Olivia, Kyle and Cameron” (VIOLET´S FRIENDS)
Carla Franco as “Ellie Wilde” (VIOLET´S SISTER)



1st SCENE:
Int. Living room- night

We see Violet in her living room, the room is dark, and we can only see her face and her cellphone. She is constantly updating her social media. There’s a zoom to the cellphone’s clock and it is 3 am, but it doesn’t seem like she is planning on going to sleep.
                             
VIOLET
(frustrated)
I don’t know how to get more followers. I have to
upload more pictures.

MRS. WILDE
(Goes inside the living room, angry and tired)
Violet! What are you doing awake?! It’s 3am! Go to bed
right now!

VIOLET
Sorry mom, I didn’t realize it was this late…

MR.WILDE
You never let go off your phone, Violet, I’m starting
to get worried. If you keep doing it, we might have to confiscate your phone.

VIOLET
(Surprised by her mom’s warning)
No mom! PLease don’t. It won’t happen again, I promise!

MRS WILDE
(serious)
All right sweetie. I trust you. Good Night!

VIOLET
(Fake smiling)
‘Night mom!

2nd SCENE:
Int. School cafeteria- day

Violet is sitting at the table with her friends. We hear all of them talking about school except Violet who is on her phone, all of her friends notice it but aren’t quite sure if it is a good idea to speak up.

CAMERON
(in a really nice voice)
Who are you talking to over there?

VIOLET
(without even looking at him)
No one special to be honest, why?

KYLE
(kind of angry)
Well it seems to be more special than us.

VIOLET
What are you guys talking about?

OLIVIA
(kind of shy)
We’ve been here for half an hour, and you’ve been
on your phone for like 25 minutes.

CAMERON
You were the one that asked us to hang out.
I just don’t get why.

VIOLET
Well I missed you guys, and I thought that we
could take some pictures for my Instagram.
KYLE
I told you guys she wasn’t gonna change.


OLIVIA
Don’t take it the wrong way, but lately you have
been really distant. It just feels like we don’t
know you anymore.

CAMERON
I really think we should go. I hope that
we can solve this. Have a great day.

They leave Violet alone at the table, who seems worried, but not enough to chase after them.

3rd SCENE:
Olivia, Ellie and Violet are sitting in the park´s grass talking about what happened that day in the cafeteria with her friends. Violet seems very angry and confused, while Ellie and Olivia listen to her.

VIOLET
(angry, while she stares at her phone)
I just don’t understand why they reacted that way, you know?
Is it bad that I just want my friends and I
to take pictures together for my profile?!

OLIVIA
(serious)
Violet… you know i’m your best friend, and i love you, but
Kyle, Cameron and Olivia are totally right. You never
leave that thing. You’re always staring at your
phone, instead of paying attention to what’s happening
around you.

VIOLET
What?! No?! I can’t believe you think that too.

ELLIE
(staring at the grass, frustrated)
Kayla’s right. Like today in U.S. History class.
(Gives a fierce look at Violet)
Ms Montgomery caught you using your phone, when you should’ve
been paying attention to the class. Good thing
she is not going to talk to mom and dad about it.


VIOLET
(Looks at Ellie for the first time, unsure)
That’s not true! I was just looking at the time!

ELLIE
(laughing)
Violet… no one looks at the time for 10 minutes
straight.

OLIVIA
Dude, your sister’s right,
You need to let go off that thing, for God’s sake.
Is worrying how attached you are.

VIOLET
(While she stands up)
I seriously don’t know what you guys are talking
about.
(the bell rings)
I’m going to class, I can't deal with
you guys at the moment

Ellie and Violet look at each other, upset. They also stand up and go back to class.

4th SCENE:
Int. The Wilde’s living room- day

MR.WILDE
I called you here today to talk about Violet. We are
getting worried about her… she has changed a lot.

ELLIE
I agree, Violet never lets go off her phone, I think it’s an
adiction.

OLIVIA
(almost crying)
We have to help her. She is my best friend, she needs to
get better.




OLIVIA
I’ve heard that the best solution to people that are
addicted to social media or their phones, are
support groups

KYLE
I think that is a great idea, we should all
suggest it to her together.

MR.WILDE
Thank you for being so calm and understanding about
                          this situation.
Yeah, Violet is very lucky to have you guys
as her friends.

CAMERON
We are very lucky to have her as our friend too, she
is just having a rough time.

OLIVIA
So it’s settled?
(everyone nods)

CAMERON
It’s settled
Let’s tell her tomorrow afternoon
(everyone nods again)

5th SCENE:
INT. Dining room-night

Violet it’s sitting in the dining room, her cold dinner is in front of her, she hasn’t eat a bite. Her mom and dad walk in.

MRS.WILDE
Violet, you haven’t eaten at all in 30 minutes.
It’s everything alright?

VIOLET
I don’t know, I’m not hungry, I really haven’t
been hungry in a while.     

MR.WILDE
You seem ill honey.

VIOLET
I don’t know what’s wrong dad,I've been very discouraged
lately.

MR.WILDE
(angrily)
It has to be because of your stupid obsession with
your phone.

MRS.WILDE
I agree with your dad, you need to give us your
phone is for your own good.

VIOLET
(surprised)
Are you guys kidding? I can’t give you my phone,
who’s gonna take care of my social media.

MR.WILDE
Don’t be disrespectful with us Violet.
No one needs to take care of your social media.
It’s for your own good.

VIOLET
(staring at her phone)
Well I’m not giving it to you.

Violet leaves the room angry. Her parents stay there, with worried faces.

6th SCENE:
INT. Violet’s in the ladies restroom at school, in the floor sitted, staring at her phone.

                         

VIOLET
I need to get more followers. I'm gonna ask
them what they want to see.

She goes to her phone, types something and posts it. In her phone you can see how people are asking (joking) to kill herself…


VIOLET
If that’s what they want to see, I’ll give it
to them.
(opens Instagram and starts a direct)

While all of this is happening, Kyle, Cameron and Olivia are talking to Mrs. Montgomery about Violet. They’re all in a circle around Mrs. Montgomery.

KYLE
Mrs. Montgomery, she’s getting worse. She doesn’t
even want to talk to us anymore. It’s very
worrying

OLIVIA
Yeah, I tried to take her phone away today,
and she almost hit me with her pencil case.
And… (scared and almost whispering) the
look in her face. She really needs help

MRS. MONTGOMERY
Okay guys, please understand that you need to
talk to her par…

They all get an Instagram notification about Violet and her direct. They all open it and see that Violet wants to kill herself.

CAMERON
You guys! Look! She’s in the bathroom!

KYLE
We have to stop her! FAST!

They all go out of the room, running, towards the restrooms.

7th scene
Kyle, Cameron and Olivia are still running. Ellie sees them and joins them. She’s aware of what her sister is about to do. They open the ladies restroom door and see Violet with the pills in her hand,

ELLIE
(screaming and angry)
Violet! What the heck are you doing!? ARE YOU STUPID!?
Cameron gets the pills off Violets hands

CAMERON
I can’t believe you Violet
(Sadly)
I just… I just can’t

VIOLET
(starts crying and goes to the floor)


8th SCENE:
INT. Psychology clinic

MR.WILDE
Violet… we know you don’t want to do this,
but, please, understand…
it’s for your own good

MRS.WILDE
You know we love you

OLIVIA
If you want I can go inside with you

Violet and Violet hold hands and go inside room, full of kids. When the door closes, you can read a sign that says “support group”

THE END...
















Comentarios